Geoffrey Cowan is the inaugural holder of the Annenberg Family Chair in Communication Leadership, through which he runs the Cowan Scholar program. Each year, Professor Cowan selects some of the best and brightest graduate and undergraduate students in the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism to work with him on dynamic research projects in the areas of media, communications, politics, technology, and diplomacy. Each scholar is awarded tuition assistance and funding in exchange for supporting the research and projects of Geoffrey Cowan. Previous Cowan Scholars have assisted in background research and literature reviews for Professor Cowan’s books, helped to organize events at USC Annenberg for a “Politics, Power, and the Press” programming series, and written news stories for publication. To apply for a Cowan Scholarship or to learn more, email the Center on Communication Leadership & Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several previous Cowan Scholars have gone on to illustrious careers:
- Adrienne Lawrence, anchor, ESPN
- Jana Juginovic, senior director of global content and engagement, ICANN
- Stefi Demetriades, PhD candidate, Annenberg
- Soledad Altrudi, PhD candidate, Annenberg
- Megan O’Neil, reporter, The Chronicle
- Therese Dizon, Booz Allen Hamilton